Monday, August 11, 2008

finally home.

I took 3 days off from work last week so that I could entertain my mom and my brother in Linda and my new apartment. My mom's visit consited of us going to the thrift store and home depot and setting up a sweatshop in my dining room where my mom and I made curtains (3 rooms worth) and recovered 4! of my dining chairs, which because of their shape was NO easy task. I love those chairs but they were ORNAGE dark rusty dirty orange, I got them for free from an office I used to work at when no one realized what they were, and I did.  We got all the curtains done and the chairs as well, and of course as soon as my mom walked out that door my serger stopped working properly and I couldn't finish the shower curtain. 

I stayed home from work today despite the fact that I have been gone for 3 days and all of my clients are probably in crisis, because that is what happens when you leave. But yesterday I developed a wretched case of MY PERIOD complete with back pain and for some reason my arthritis decided that it would act up as well so I stayed home to swallow pills. Which aren't really doing anything. I woke up and I just couldn't do it, i couldn't go in. Then as I lay there I thought of all the things I had to do and I suddenly thought I might be able to go. THEN I got up. Nope. Now I remember why I called in.

My brother is still here even though my mom left, he is being picked up in a week by his friends and taken to Ohio to go one some roller coasters. If I sound unsure of his plans that is because he is even less sure of them, even though he is in constant contact with them via cellphoneemailtextvoicemailIMtelepathy. Alan is in that age (almost 21) where you can just get up and go. Do I remember those days? Yes, sometimes with longing, and sometimes I look around at my home and good relationship and I don't miss it that much. 


1 comment:

Reem Tara said...

What color are the orange chairs? I just remember how well Begonia matched them...and scratched them.

BOOM! Yeah, that was a rhyme.