Tuesday, August 19, 2008

one thing i can't stand

i have been sick before, VERY sick. near death.

BUT the thing I hate more than anything...read...find most annoying, is having a sore throat. I hate it. nothing is worse. It is just so unrelenting and grating, it even messes with my eating/swallowing which is what i hate the most. I have this minor residual sore throat from my wisdom tooth removal I am guessing, but I am on the Cadillac of antibiotics so there is not much I can do. 

Things are ok though the cats are sitting by the screen door waiting for that little mouse with the gray fur and pink ears. Last night I drank raspberry tea and read halfway through the Virgin Suicides. That's a book to read over and over. It is the perfect summer into fall book. Everything is all thick, heavy summer air and crickets in that book. Everything is dusk or bleached midday. I love it. 

Books I read every Summer:

Perks of being a wallflower
Virgin Suicides
Sellevision
Godmother Night
The Secret History(which is also a good winter book)


No comments: