Saturday, September 6, 2008

I will never eat at Denny's again.

Well I have dry socket. 
Bucket. 

It is not that bad, it's getting better but I still have to go into the dentist to get my "packs" changed. So this morning very early (8am and it's Saturday!) Linda and I went to the dentist. My dentist has a very soothing voice so soothing that it borders on condescending. There was one other patient in that early and the dentist saw her first. You can pretty much hear everything everyone says. So I could hear the dentist use his soothing voice to explain everything. And the other patient was screeching and and wailing, but had I not been in the dentist office and heard that I would have immediately assumed that this woman was having very loud sex with someone with a very soothing voice. 

As a reward for basically nothing after my appointment we went to Starbucks which on the west side of town is across the street from Denny's. On  whim I was like, "Linda hows about I take you out to breakfast??"

Linda had the Heartland scramble (Heart attack scramble) and I had the "Build your own Grand Slam" which consisted of pancakes, hashbrowns, and 4 sausages. I got about 1/3 of a bite down and I immediately knew I was coming down with a case of "traveler's complaint" ... big time.  The only thing that kept me holdin' on til the end was the elderly couple behind us The husband basically didn't say anything, but the wife was remarking on everyone they knew. Here is an actual quote...

"Agnes has not aged well, but Betty...Betty Pendleton has...real good"

and 

"Dorothy...she's a WIDOW...she has a son though."

Oh Denny's, I really don't have the stomach for you anymore.

No comments: